9.08.2008

your company's computer guy

...the day was spent in a place that makes most computer analysts and technicians cringe: The Helpdesk. In explaining my day to a friend, I joked about taking a poll to see how many people knew where the on/off button is on their computer and that judging from the daily calls, it was running about 50/50. As always, the day was spent with the usual calls: I don't remember my password, my account is locked out, my printer is not working, and even: can you help me fix the games on my computer? What a day! 1 down, 4 to go.


the dungeon that is Helpdesk


the best way to get through the day: Coffee





2 comments:

thisgirlsworld said...

ok, two comments.

first, can you help me fix the games on my computer. that is hilarious. i can't believe somebody a) had issues with their games, and b) had the odasity to call help desk!

second, i don't know why, but for some reason, i pictured the help desk out in the open! i pictured you sitting in this round kiosk (and i was even picturing a dark walnut laminate for some odd reason) in an open atrium with lots of daylight. and you were this all powerful source of help...centrally located in the building. and there was, ofcourse, a large sign above you that read 'help desk.'

: )

Sarah :) said...

DUDE! I'm so excited you're blogging!! :) I'll link you from mine ASAP. I know you want lot's of scrapbook chicks checking out your stuff, right? *hehehe*